Scheduled Dates: 05th – 09th Jun'17 | 10th – 14th Jul'17 | 07th – 11th Aug'17 | 11th – 15th Sep'17 | 09th – 13th Oct'17 | 06th – 10th Nov'17 | 04th – 08th Dec'17
Duration: 1 Week
This course gives the experienced credit controller a framework for employing best practice credit management in their organization. At this workshop delegates will consider good credit management policies and procedures, and the framework for effective credit management, which is provided by a company’s credit policy. Delegates will be equipped to assess the key components of their company’s approach, identify improvements and implement good practice.
Suitable for senior credit control staff, credit managers and supervisors, and financial controllers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of sound credit management techniques.
- Evaluate alternative techniques used in credit management.
- Recognize the importance of securing ‘buy-in’ to good credit management practice from top management and all aspects of the business.
- Understand a best practice approach to formulating a company credit policy.
- Critically review your organization’s credit policy and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop an effective approach to credit management for your company.
- Implement this approach by developing a company credit policy.
Objectives for Good Credit Management
- What do we want to achieve?
- Using key performance indicators to measure success
- Measuring performance using DSO
- Forecasting cash flow from the ‘Cascade Table’
- Target setting
- What information is needed?
- Using computer systems to support activities
The Company Credit Policy
- The importance of a company credit policy
- Understanding the commercial implications of credit
- Elements of a credit policy
- Format and presentation
- Evaluate policies and procedures
The ‘Whole Company’ Approach
- Being proactive
- Ensuring support for the policy from senior management
- Winning the support of sales and customer service
- Ongoing communication
- Developing a ‘whole company’ approach
Putting it into Practice
- Consider best practice techniques for credit management
- Identify where you can improve your company’s procedures
- Discuss ways to use performance measures
- Workshop activity on developing a credit policy
kindly fill the Seminar Registration Form and send it to us through:
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- Fees Payment - All fees are payable strictly in advance 2 working days before the course starting date.
- Cancellation Fee - Cancelletion of any participant 5 working days before the start day of a course will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
We regret that no cancellations will be accepted within 2 working days of a course, but substitutions may be made.