Scheduled Dates: 10 – 21 Feb '2020 | 11 – 22 May '2020 | 10 – 21 Aug '2020 | 09 – 20 Nov '2020
Duration: 2 Weeks
Financial Management in the Public Sector course is available Online.
Customized dates and one-on-one sessions can be organized.
This course emphasizes how participants can apply acquired skills and knowledge dealing with management of finances in the public sector.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Discuss the nature of the public sector finance
- Understand budgeting and budgetary control
- Examine borrowing and debt management
- Describe corporate restructuring
- Sources of Government finance: excise duties, taxes, licenses and miscellaneous fees.
- Budgeting and budgetary control - objectives of annual budgets, budgetary process;
- Financial planning systems;
- Planning programming budgeting systems (PPBS);
- Commitment Accounting Expenditure Profile; Borrowing and Debt management;
- Types of debts;
- Debt-carrying capacity;
- General obligation and revenue bonds;
- Internal versus External Debt management;
- Capital budgets and Capital programs;
- Corporate restructuring among others.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- Fees Payment - All fees are payable strictly in advance 2 working days before the course starting date.
- Cancellation Fee - Cancellation of any participant 5 working days before the start day of a course will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
We regret that no cancellations will be accepted within 2 working days of a course, but substitutions may be made.