Scheduled Dates: 10 – 21 Feb '2020 | 11 – 22 May '2020 | 10 – 21 Aug '2020 | 09 – 20 Nov '2020
Duration: 2 Weeks
This course emphasizes how participants can apply acquired skills and knowledge dealing with management of finances in the public sector.
The objectives of the course are to:
- Discuss the nature of the public sector finance
- Understand budgeting and budgetary control
- Examine borrowing and debt management
- Describe corporate restructuring
- Sources of Government finance: excise duties, taxes, licenses and miscellaneous fees.
- Budgeting and budgetary control - objectives of annual budgets, budgetary process;
- Financial planning systems;
- Planning programming budgeting systems (PPBS);
- Commitment Accounting Expenditure Profile; Borrowing and Debt management;
- Types of debts;
- Debt-carrying capacity;
- General obligation and revenue bonds;
- Internal versus External Debt management;
- Capital budgets and Capital programs;
- Corporate restructuring among others.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- Fees Payment - All fees are payable strictly in advance 2 working days before the course starting date.
- Cancellation Fee - Cancellation of any participant 5 working days before the start day of a course will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
We regret that no cancellations will be accepted within 2 working days of a course, but substitutions may be made.