Scheduled Dates: 25 – 26 Feb '2021 | 27 – 28 May '2021 | 26 – 27 Aug '2021 | 25 – 26 Nov '2021
Duration: 2 Days
Venue: Best Western Meridian Hotel Nairobi
Report Writing Skills course is available Online.
Customized dates and one-on-one sessions can be organized.
Organizations could not function effectively without written reports. Reports present vital information for everyday operations and decision making. If your job is to correctly format reports for your manager or perhaps decide on content and actually write the report, this highly practical two-day course will equip you with the skills of preparing, researching, constructing, writing, editing and presenting your reports.
- Develop a methodical system to enable you to write reports more effectively and efficiently
- Produce comprehensible and understandable reports that achieve results
- Structure your reports in a clear, consistent and concise way
- Develop a professional writing style which is attention-grabbing and which facilitates comprehension
- Adopt an influential style and know how to effectively present and support an argument
- Present controversial and compound issues in a clear, concise, style for specialist and non-specialist readers
- Critically assess and edit draft reports swiftly and constructively
- Present your report in a professional way by making use of appropriate graphs, diagrams, tables and charts
Introduction to Report Writing
- Different types of reports
- Understanding the aim of the report
- Establishing the correct format
Planning Your Report
- Obtaining an accurate brief and understanding the objectives
- Establishing the scope and purpose of your report
- Identifying time constraints and amount of detail necessary
- Ensuring your report is reader-focused and maintains confidentiality
- Establish a report structure
Groundwork and Research
- Research and collect all applicable information
- Incorporate material from diverse sources and arrange information logically
Developing a Professional Style
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Developing an effective style
- Communicate accurately and write with conviction
- Expanding your vocabulary and upgrading your language skills
Structure and Sequence
- Table of contents, appendices, indexes and bibliographies
- The report structure, introduction, abstract summary, main body, conclusions, recommendations and references
- Illustrations, graphs and tables
Editing and Formatting
- The purpose of an abstract summary
- Writing an abstract summary
- Critically analyzing your report – proofreading and layout
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- Fees Payment - All fees are payable strictly in advance 2 working days before the course starting date.
- Cancellation Fee - Cancellation of any participant 5 working days before the start day of a course will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
We regret that no cancellations will be accepted within 2 working days of a course, but substitutions may be made.