Scheduled Dates: 10 – 21 Feb '2020 | 11 – 22 May '2020 | 10 – 21 Aug '2020 | 09 – 20 Nov '2020
Duration: 2 Weeks
The overarching course objective is to instil in the public sector monitoring and evaluation systems and practices that focus on delivering outcomes, improving public sector performance and enhance accountability and good governance.
Public service departments, entities, municipalities and non-governmental managers dealing with the monitoring and evaluation of public sector policies, programmes and projects.
- Introduction to monitoring and evaluation
- The context of monitoring and evaluation in the public sector;
- Logic models and formulating evaluation questions
- Policy framework for monitoring and evaluation in the government;
- Approaches and techniques for monitoring and evaluation;
- Indicators and measurement
- Data collection strategies
- Managing evaluation processes
- Steps to establishing an outcome-based monitoring and evaluation system;
- Reporting results
- The link between reporting and monitoring and evaluation;
- Requirements for institutionalizing monitoring and evaluation systems and practices in the public sector.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PAYMENT
- Fees Payment - All fees are payable strictly in advance 2 working days before the course starting date.
- Cancellation Fee - Cancellation of any participant 5 working days before the start day of a course will incur a 20% cancellation fee.
We regret that no cancellations will be accepted within 2 working days of a course, but substitutions may be made.